FAQ-Stay Motivated to Diet
Tips for Weight Loss
FAQ: How can I stay motivated to diet?
Voted “Best Answer” by Yahoo! Answers
Motivational tips that help me:
- Reading weight loss books, magazine articles, and websites.
- Reading this page on motivation:
- Keeping a food and exercise log. Research shows that people who track their food consumption lose more weight and stay on diets longer than those who don’t.
- Post motivational weight loss quotes around the house.
- Keep a picture handy of either fat or skinny me–whichever works.
- Positive self-talk. I take a little time each morning to think about why I’m dieting, what I hope to accomplish, what I need to do to get there, and what I imagine I’ll look like when it happens.
- Stop and think before eating anything. Don’t eat mindlessly–eat with intention. Eat slowly, chew well, and savor your food.
- For a month-long diet, try cutting up 30 squares of paper and writing one reason that you want to lose weight on each square. Each morning, select a square and let that be your focus of the day. Keep the square with you throughout the day and spend a few minutes thinking about it during the day.
Hope this helps! Good luck!
View the original question and answer at Yahoo! Answers