FAQ-Curb After-Dinner Snacking With Sugarless Gum and a Walk
Voted “Best Answer” by Yahoo! Answers
I guess I’m lucky. I’m definitely a snacker, but for some reason, after dinner, I mentally check off food for the day.
Instead of substituting healthy food for snacks, I think you’d be better off in the long run if you tried to eliminate your after dinner snacking all together.
Some things that might help are:
- Floss and brush your teeth for the night
- Chew sugarless gum
- Go upstairs and get away from the kitchen or just make the kitchen off-limits if you can’t physically get away from it.
- Have a cup of hot tea
- Go for a short walk around the block
- Call a friend, read a book, work on the computer…
- Find something to do that will keep your fingers/hands busy such as knitting, cross-stitching, crafting, making jewelry, etc.
View the original question and answer at Yahoo! Answers